Skip to content
- Go Where the Map Takes You: The Intersection of Cartography and Creativity, The Osher Map Library and Smith Center for Cartographic Education, Portland, ME.
Curated by Heather Magaw.
- Beyond Boundaries: An Exploration of Maps and Mapping, Flinn Gallery, Greenwich, CT.
- Fluid, Newhouse Gallery of Contemporary Art, Snug Harbor Cultural Center, Staten Island, New York.
- Ex Libris Mundi, Solo Installation, Art Wall on Third, New York Public Library, New York, New York.
Curated by Arezoo Moseni.
- Hindsight/Foresight, Cheryl McGinnis Gallery, New York, New York.
- Primogenesis, Solo Show, Cheryl McGinnis Gallery, New York, New York.
- Randomland, Solo Installation, Prow at the Flatiron.
Curated by Cheryl McGinnis.
- Bloomtime, Space Realty Group Gallery, Long Island City, New York.
- “On Your Mark”, New York, NY, Cheryl McGinnis Gallery.
- ArtHamptons International Fine Arts Fair, Bridgehampton, NY, Cheryl McGinnis Gallery.
- Cartographic Cells, Solo Show, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY.
- 75 Mile Radius, Solo Show, Cheryl McGinnis Gallery, New York, NY.
- Sight Mapping, Herter Gallery, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA.
Curated by David Gibson and Trevor Richardson.
- Project Globe, Art Auction for Future Generations sponsored by Travel and Leisure magazine.
- Creative Cartographies, Brooklyn Arts Council, Brooklyn, New York, NY.
- Works of Art on Paper, Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences, Loveladies, NJ.
- Black + White = Grey Matter, Cheryl McGinnis Gallery, New York, NY.
- Microspace, Cheryl McGinnis Gallery, New York, NY.
- Cambridge Art Association National Prize Show, University Place Gallery, Cambridge, MA.
- Group Show, Jonathan Shorr Gallery, NY, NY.
- Group Show, Flushing Town Hall, Flushing, NY.
Curated by Cheryl McGinnis.
- Cellular Universe, Solo Show: Azarian McCullough Art Gallery, St. Thomas Aquinas College, Sparkhill, NY.
- 13th National Juried Show, Art Center of Northern New Jersey, New Milford, NJ.
Juror: Susan Cross, Guggenheim Museum.
- International Juried Show, New Jersey Center for Visual Arts, Summit, NJ.
Juror: Charlotta Kotik, Brooklyn Museum of Art.
- Works on Paper, Solo Show: Bas Bleu Gallery, Fort Collins, CO.
- The Drawing National, Montgomery College, Rockville, MD.
- Plain Arts III, Pittsburgh State University, Pittsburgh, KS.
- Twenty Third Annual Fine Arts Competition, Mills Pond House Gallery, St. James, NY.
Juror: Tracey Bashkoff, Curator, Guggenheim Museum.
- 2nd Annual Juried Competition, No BIAS Gallery, North Bennington, VT.
Juror: Elizabeth Levine, Museum of Modern Art.
- Rivers, Walter F. Meade Gallery, Roxbury Arts Center, Roxbury, NY.
- Thunder and Lightning, Fulton Hall Gallery, Salisbury State University, Salisbury, MD.
- Valdosta National: Works on Paper, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA.
- Women’s Works 10th Annual Exhibition, Old Courthouse Arts Center, Woodstock, IL.
- Carving the Forces of Change: Celebrating Women in the Arts, Artemisia Gallery, Chicago, IL.
Juror: Faith Ringgold.
- Ms. Agnes Gund, New York, NY.
- Cummins, Indianapolis, IN.
- Fortune Society, New York, NY.
- Katherine Harmon, “You Are Here/NYC: Mapping the Soul of the City”, Princeton Architectural Press, November 2016. Available from Amazon.
- Jill K.Berry, “Making Art from Maps: Inspiration, Techniques, and an International Gallery of Artists”, Rockport Publishers, June 2016. Available from Amazon.
- Sara Miller, “Mapmaker, Mapmaker, Make Me a Map”, Trunk Magazine, pp.24-25, Fall/Winter 2012
- Jan Castro, “In the Studio”, sculpture.org, July 2012.
- “Rebecca Riley’s Randomland at the Prow Art Space”, Inspir3d, July 2012.
- “Inspired by Maps, Rebecca Riley Interprets the World”, Arts.Observer, July 2012.
- Trevor Richardson, “Sight Mapping”, Catalog, Herter Gallery, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 2009.
- “Project Globe, 2008”, Travel and Leisure Magazine, October 2008, pp 198-201.
- “Emergence: Complexity and Organization”, Journal of the Complexity Society, Cover Image, March, 2007.
- Amy Chase Gulden, “Introducing Rebecca Riley”, www.apartmenttherapy.com, November 2005.
- Tina Seligman, “Cheryl McGinnis Fine Art, A Contemporary Salon”, Art of the Times, October, 2005, p.28.
- “Catch Art at Its Tribeca Source”, www.lowermanhattan.info, April 2005.
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, CA, Image in Flier for “Geometric Evolution Equations”, May, 2005
Panels, Lectures, Discussions
- Artist Dialog, Ex Libris Mundi, with Stephanie Hightower, Mid Manhattan Public Library, New York, NY, February, 2013.
- Artist Talk, the Cooper Union, New York, NY, August, 2012.
- Artists Space, New York, NY.
- Brooklyn Arts Council, Brooklyn, NY.
- MFA, Painting, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY., 1988
- University of Georgia Summer Art Program, Cortona, Italy, 1982
- BA Art, Carleton College, Northfield, MN., 1982
- Fellowship Award, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY.
- Hemingway Award for Outstanding Art Major, Carleton College, Northfield, MN.